Free To Grow Profile
Geraldine has a deep passion for the development of people. She also has superb interpersonal and communication skills, strong work ethics and a commitment to quality in whatever she does. Her corporate background provides her with a solid understanding of business, which enables her to make the programmes she presents contextually relevant.
Geraldine is a Director, and currently fulfills the roles of Programme Manager and Consultant. Geraldine is also a Free To Grow master trainer and prior to her current role, was a senior facilitator, specialising in employee engagement, change management and leadership development. She has facilitated, amongst others:
- Employee Engagement at: MultiChoice Africa, Bidvest Bank, University of the Western Cape, V&A Waterfront, Datacash, SAMWUMED, Appletiser, UIF, The Table Bay Hotel, Personal Trust, TMT Services, Damen Shipyards, One2One, Du Noon Community Health Centre and Vredenburg Provincial Hospital in the Western Cape
- Leadership Development programmes to senior and middle managers of TFG (The Foschini Group), MultiChoice Africa, Capitec Bank, TMT Services, Clidet, Inwent, Appletiser, Pick’N Pay Fishhoek and Millward Brown
- Personal Growth and Wellbeing programmes at: Truworths, Engen, Caledon Casino, Cape Independent Newspapers, FIC, TFG, Nederburg Wines, Shell, Personal Trust, PPS, Freddy Hirsch, Rotolabel, MUA, Sanlam, Santam, BOE, Cape Wrappers, City of Cape Town, Hospice, Millward Brown, Masterfoods, Power Construction, Woolworths, Douglas Green, City of Cape Town, De Beers Mine Kimberely, Octagon, Vital Health, Sanlam Investment Management and Department of Agriculture
- Relationship Building programmes at: Neil Muller Construction, Sanlam Life, UNICEF Country Offices of Uganda and Jordan, SAMWUMED, Hospice, Department of Health and FASSET.
Due to her excellent facilitation skills, Geraldine facilitated several international projets e.g. MultiChoice Africa in Uganda and Kenya; for UNICEF in Uganda and Jordan and for Uganda Microfinance Ltd in Uganda.
The combination of personality, character, competence and experience that Geraldine brings to Free To Grow, ensures that she adds value to all aspects of programme implementation we involve her in, from customisation to feedback.
Other work experience
1983 to 2013:
- Life Line counselor, facilitator and supervisor
- Corporate and Relationship Manager at Cashbank
- Account Executive at TA Bank of South Africa Limited
- Relationship Manager in Commercial Banking division of Standard Bank.
- Michael Nel, General Manager, Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, 2015 “The session went very, very well. It gave us direction and we identified important action plans which we are already setting in motion. A really worthwhile session for the entire Exco team. I must also mention how good the facilitator was. She did an excellent job.”
- Debbie Walters, HR Development Manager, The Foschini Group, 2007 “Thank you for giving us such an excellent facilitator. Geraldine was absolutely phenomenal. She added huge value as an internal change agent in our organization. She built very positive relationships on all levels she trained, and managed to get things out in the open, which is very valuable for us as we can now address it. She really motivated and inspired people.” and “A huge strength of the training has been the facilitation. Geraldine Leibbrandt understands the Foschini Group Culture very well and has the ability to create a safe space where individuals are able to explore their areas of development. The early successes of this programme in 2008 have given us the confidence to roll it out country wide in 2009.”
- Andre Wagner: National Organisational Development Coordinator of Hospice, 2008 “Awesome, amazing, or just simply the best programme of this nature I have attended in my lifetime. A bonus was Geraldine Leibbrandt, the facilitator. Her way of communicating with people is amazing and I stood in awe of the passion with which she facilitated the course. She is the best facilitator I have seen in years.”
- Peter van Eeden, HR Manager of Datacash 2011 “I want to stress again, Geraldine is outstanding. The way she engages with staff on all levels in the programme is just fantastic.”
- 2006: Honors in Psychology (UNISA)
- 1991: B Comm (UNISA)
- 1994: Banking diploma (CAIB (SA)
- 1982: Matric
- 2010: Qualified Assessor against Unit Standard No.115753 (Assessment College of SA (Pty) Ltd)
- 2006: Principles of Graphic Facilitation (The Grove from San Francisco, USA)
- 1997: Counseling skills course (Life Line)
- Professional Selling Skills
- Credit Diploma (Damelin)
- Banking and Financial Services (various)