Background and experience
Riegert Nortje, the Managing Director of Free To Grow, was in legal practice from 1982 until he joined Free To Grow in 1996. With Free To Grow being a small enterprise he has fulfilled functions of Financial Director, Company Secretary, Chief Legal Adviser, HR Manager, Information Officer and Administrative Manager. He is also responsible for project management for large-scale interventions like the training of close to 3000 people for NPA.
Riegert is proud to be involved in a business:
- that has more than 1200 clients
- has trained more than 90 000 people
- has built a reputable brand
- has a reputation for excellence with clients and fellow providers
- has endured and grown for 23 years
Some of his noteworthy achievements are:
- 2017: Managed the transition of Free To Grow to a Black Owned business.
- 1997: Set up the license system in which Free To Grow operates with its procedures and legal structure
- 2001: Aligned the systems as management representative to obtain ISO 9001 certification
- 2003: Obtained interim registration as service provider from the Services SETA
- 2005: Set up Free To Grow South Africa (Pty) Ltd as a BEE company in which Free To Grow facilitators have shares.
- 1998: Diploma in Management (Damelin)
- 1984: Passed Law Society exams and admitted as an Attorney
- 1979: B Juris LLB (University of Potchefstroom)
- 2006: Principles of Graphic Facilitation (The Grove from San Francisco, USA)
- 2003: The basic to intermediate course on Maximizer CRM Software (Camsoft Solutions)
- 2002: The Secrets of Successful Project Management (CBM training)
- 2000: Quality System Principles and Quality Auditing Principles for ISO 9000 (Beyond 9000 Management Consulting)
- Regularly attends BPS seminars on tax